Short Story Contest
The Space Coast Writers Guild is sponsoring a short-story fiction adult writing contest. Entries will be accepted until Dec. 31, 2012, and there is a $20 entry fee. First, second, and third place prizes of $100, $75, and $50 will be awarded at the Cocoa Beach Writers’ Conference, Jan. 26-27, 2013. Entries are limited to 2500 words, must be original and not previously published. Submissions must be on 8 ½ by 11” paper with one-inch margins and font size of 12. Mail entries to SCWG, P.O. Box 262, Melbourne FL 32902. For more information, see SCWG.org.
- Judges will be members of Space Coast Writers Guild.
- The contest is open to all writers.
- Story must be original and not previously published.
- No poetry, children’s stories or young adult.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- No entries will be returned.
- Erotic subjects not acceptable.
- Three prizes of $100, $75, and $50.
- Awards made at Cocoa Beach Writers’ Conference, Jan. 26-27, 2013.
- Submissions will be by mail to SCWG, P. O. Box 262, Melbourne FL 32902.
- Winning entries will be requested to provide an electronic copy.
- Entries received after Dec. 31, 2012, will not be accepted.
- The $20 entry fee must be made by check included with the entry.
- Checks that do not clear will invalidate the entry.
- Submissions not meeting format guidelines will not be considered.
- Invalid or late entries will be shredded and the entrant notified by email.
- Author identification on title page only (to be removed during judging).
- 8 ½ X 11” white paper, 1 inch margin on all sides
- Double spaced, single sided
- Typed in Times New Roman, Arial, or Courier font, size 12
- No more than 2500 words
- No staples, folders or cover sheets, except title page as described below
- No pictures or illustrations
- Page numbers at bottom center
- Title on first page of story, centered
- Title of Story
- Author Name
- Author Address and Email, and Telephone Number
- The statement “The Space Coast Writers Guild has permission to use the author’s name, photo, story title and the right to edit/publish the story in any publication associated with the Guild, electronic or print.”