Open to all writers. The topic of the story is the writer's choice with the following exceptions: no poetry, no erotica, no children's stories (YA is acceptable)
1st Place: $100 plus free registration to the 2011 Writers' Conference and three personal interviews with agents/editors. Story will be published on the SCWG website.
2nd Place: $75 plus free registration to 2011 Writer's Conference and free critique by professional agent/editor.
3rd Place: $50 plus free registration to 2011 Writers' Conference and free critique by professional agent/editor.
Winners will be notified by telephone/mail/email as provided.
Entries must be submitted according to these guidelines. Submissions not meeting the guidelines will be disqualified. No entries will be returned.
- Send submissions via mail to SCWG, PO Box 262, Melbourne, Florida, 32902-0262
- Entries received after October 29, 2010 will not be considered
- $25.00 entry fee for each submission
- Word count limit is 2000 words
- Submit on 8 1/2" x 11" white paper, double spaced, single sided. Use 12 pt New Times Roman font with 1" margin on all sides. No staples or illustrations
- Page number located at bottom center of each page. Story Title located at top center of each page.
- Include an unnumbered title page with the story title, author's name, address, telephone number and email address for notification purposes.
- Title page must have permission statement to read, "The Space Coast Writers' Guild has permission to use the author's name, photos of the author, story title and the right to publish the story in any publication associated with the guild"