The Ultimate Dachshund Hound Book -
Guide to Caring, Raising, Training, Breeding, Whelping, Feeding, and Loving a Doxie
The name of this book really says it all; it is the ULTIMATE book for anyone thinking about purchasing or already owns a Dachshund Hound. The author is not only a dog owner, but also a breeder who showed and raised champions for over 25 years.
This book contains all the information that you will ever need to know about Doxies including:
- Detailed information about dachshund hound standards
- Feeding recommendations just for doxies, including a few homemade dog food recipes
- The history of dachshund hounds and their origin
- Information about where to purchase a doxie puppy, and how to pick out your puppy from its littermates
- Preparing your home for a new puppy arrival
- Children, other pets and your dachshund addition
- Showing your doxie, explaining in detail the different show categories and what you can expect before, during and after a show.
- Dachshund hound dental care;
- Brushing, bathing and grooming information.
- Immunizations information.
- Pet health insurance and dachshund hound health concerns
- Helpful hints for traveling with your dachshund hound;
- Spaying or neutering information.
- Breeding your doxie, in detail, before you breed, selecting your mate, line breeding, inbreeding, outcross breeding, what to expect during the mating, and, when you should or shouldn't breed your pet.
- Detailed information explaining what you can expect during the pregnancy, whelping (the delivery) and after care for mom and newborn puppies.
- Doxie puppy care from birth including weaning the puppies from mom, and selling your puppies.
- Lastly advice about when it's time to say goodbye to your old friend.
For more information about Ms. O'Grady's books, visit her website at http://www.patriciaogrady.com