And now, the news.... Enjoy and please comment if you are so moved. Don't forget: send your news for the next issue to Lou@LouBelcher.com.
Inside this issue
- Author Profile - Marshall Frank
- Author Profile - Kee Briggs
- Featured Books
- This and That (services and misc. announcements)
Book Sale: Why not give a book by a local author for the holidays:
Congratulations to Judy Mammay
On December 13, 2008, between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., the Space Coast Writer's Guild is putting on a Children's Book Fair at the Merritt Island Public Library. It will include books for children and young adults. For more information about the event, contact Jim Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bob then will answer any questions about their trip and tell about the next trip in the works. In addition he has written a book, Bermuda Suicide Challenge in a Flats Boat. It is for sale for $15.00.
To contact Bob Brown regarding his presentation, his book or both, call him at 321-243-7311 or email him at Bobbrown1408@aol.com. His website is http://www.bermudachallenge.com/
- January 4th - Cross-Training, Cross Genre, AWA -style
- January 18 - Poetry Powerhouse
- January 25th - Short Fiction Sprint
- February 8 - Creative Non-fiction 100 Yard Dash
- February 22 - Cross-Training, Cross -Genre
- March 8 - Literary Magazines & Contests Publishing Panel
All sessions are in Orlando. Information about the boot camp sessions and for all the offerings of the Orlando Writers' Workshops can be found at http://www.orlandowriters.com/.
In sponsorship with the Vermont College of Fine Arts, Costa Rica Writers' Retreats has launched week-long intensive retreats at the luxurious 4-star, eco-friendly Docelunas Resort in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica. Beginning and experienced writers working across all genres will immerse themselves in the tranquil, tropical surroundings and the creative process will begin. Writers will expand their creativity, enhance productivity, build confidence, maximize skills, sharpen craft, develop works-in-progress, and take part in talks on craft and publishing led by Vermont College of Fine Arts faculty. The retreat writing will follow the Amherst Writers & Artists Method TM (AWA). Specially themed workshops will be offered each week, such as "The First Page," "The 5 Ps of Fiction," Poetry Infusion," and "Stories, Essays, Poems: Get Published in the LitMags Now."
- No writing samples required
- No purchase required
- Luck-of-the-draw contest
- Open to current graduate creative writing students and alumni worldwide
- Winner must provide proof of enrollment or graduation
- All entries must be made at www.costaricawriters.com/contest.
All entries must be received by April 1st, 2009 and the winner will be announced by April 5th, 2009.